Wow...I can't believe it has almost been a year since I posted on here. I guess that should tell you that life has been completely insane. Alright, here are some updates.
JK is now in 2nd grade. He is reading everything he can get his hands on and loves every second of school. He starting basketball tonight and is excited about playing again this year.
IK is in Kindergarten. He is learning to read and is always playing. IK is not as big of a fan of school as his brother...he would rather do his own thing. He is such a loveable energetic kid and keeps us laughing. He also starts basketball tonight, it is his first season.
SK is two now. He is funny and possibly the sweetest kid ever made. He is so peaceful and amazes us with his sweet nature. At night when he gets tired he tells us "night night" and gets in bed on his own. That seems to be unusual two year old behavior, but we will take it :)
MK is in his fourth year of general surgery residency at RMH. He is enjoying it still and has decided to take the pediatric surgery route. We will be moving to Kansas City this summer for a 2 year pre-fellowship. One year will be Pediatric Critical care and the next year will be surgical scholars. After those two years we will move back here to finish MK's 5th year of residency. Then it will be off to Pediatric Surgery Fellowhip somewhere....it is exciting!!!
My life has had quite an adjustment this year also. In September I was transferred from my elementary teaching position to a middle school to teach Spanish. It has been quite a culture shock. I had to leave behind my students, and teacher friends I loved. I am slowly adjusting to middle school....slowly. It is so weird and I would have never picked to try it. In fact, I can't wait until June so I can put it behind me. It is one of those things that I am tolerating and that is all I can say about it. I miss elementary school so much. Those kids loved me and I felt like it was the right place for me to be. These middle school kids are interesting creatures.
Over the last year we had to have our sweet Maggie put to sleep. She was almost 12 and she was in bad health. She was the best dog and we all miss her so much. We still accidentally call her when we are putting the other dogs out. It just doesn't sound right not to say "Maggie, Mae, and Bella". She is missed.
We accomplished a lot of life this past year. I will try to do a better job of letting you into our world, even if we are 1228 miles away.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment